Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Anyone else sign up for the poker player alliance? It will cost you $15, but you get a 20% $100 reload from Party Poker. Score yourself a free T-shirtis you use code CP10Y when you sign-up.
I played a quick tournament at Mark's house last Friday. One poor call did me in as my 44 ran into TT. Of course the turn was a 4 and the river a ten. Live poker is rigged! The table got all rowdy and I pretty much took it in stride. It was a shitty call and I had no business winning that hand. A.I deserved that river ten.
10 Days until Vegas!
It looks like Joe Speaker, Iggy, Bad Blood, myself, etc.. will be playing in the noon tournament at the Aladdin on Friday. Stop on by if you're intereted. The more then better!
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
PokerStars Steps Up
- An additional $2,000 to the tournament prize pool...which should run the total up to about $7,000.
- The winner will receive a PokerStars Letterman's jacket.
- Famed poker author and player Nolan Dalla will be on hand to talk and everyone at the final table will receive a signed copy of Nolan's book, "One of a Kind".
- Additional swag for those that bust out early.
Anyone with children understands that they are the source for many a cold, flu, crud, etc. I squarely placed the blame of my recent crud on Little Royal...until she came down with it yesterday...doh
Dad's home from work this morning watching the little one while mamma knocks out some things before the long weekend. I still need to swing in after lunch and get a few things in order for the holiday weekend. We have a rush interplant shipment on Friday and it's taken some painful coordination with so many people on holiday and several departments closed.
The in-laws will be flying in this weekend to visit for a few days...basically to see THE granddaughter. We get along fine and it should be a fun visit.
Sunday, November 20, 2005
A Few Quick Highlights:
- Quad 4s cracking Drizz's AA. He makes it 188 from the button and I call from the BB with 40 already in. The money goes in on the flop after my set appears. The turn makes quads.
- Cracking XXX's (sorry I forget and just realized my hand histories weren't turned on for FT) Ks with 8s. I'm by far big stack in the tournament and the button makes what appears to be a steal raise. I push and they of course call. Once again there's a set. At this point I have near 12,000 in chips and second place in the tournament is Pauly with around 3,900.
- The very next orbit finding 88 in the BB again facing a Pauly raise from EP. I push and he calls with AQ. My 8s hold up and I'm around 16,000 in chips with second still under 4,000.
- Drawing out on Derek's trip Js when I pick-up a straight and flush draw on the turn. He calls my all-in and I river the flush.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Weekends of Crud
I haven’t had much of a chance to play cards this past week. My usual Tuesday game was replaced by the first basketball scrimmage of the year. It’s going to be a tough year for us with a .500 record being a stretch goal. We finished out last year 6-4, but our best player decided to move up leagues. However things work out it should be an enjoyable season. An hour of running each week sure is healthier than drinking beer and playing cards for three hours!
Thursday morning the crud started to set in and by Sunday it had manifested itself into a full blown ass kickin. I managed to “somewhat” play the blogger tournament. My play matched my health and I was quickly eliminated. This ended up being okay though since we lost power for over three hours in the evening. The frustration might have boiled over had I actually been still alive in the tournament.
Most of yesterday was spent in bed. Today I made it into work…barely…dragging.
Is anyone else sick of all the sports commentators commending the Eagles for their handling of the Terrell Owens situation? The league’s best franchise my ass. They knew he was cancer when they brought him in. The problem is they NEEDed him to win. They needed him to make the Super Bowl and he’s the only reason they actually hung in versus the Patriots. Now they bench their best player, quickly go 0-2 and are headed for disaster.
They should have made this move at the start of the season or just let him play out the season like what happened in
Sunday, November 06, 2005
I played solid poker, won my share of flips, got my suck-out with A8 vs. AK, and eventually made the right call with my KQ losing to JJ.
Until next week...
WPBT Shootout in the Desert
WPBT Shootout in the Desert on Full Tilt
Sunday 11.6.05 @ 3pm EST
$10 + 1 NL
Email Bill for the password
Thursday, November 03, 2005
WPBT December Classic
WPBT December Classic
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]