Saturday, June 27, 2009
We're back from another enjoyable Vegas trip. As the astute reader already knows my promises of trip reports tend to go mostly unfulfilled. You'll have to settle for recap with random thoughts.
- We spent two nights at the Gold Coast and two nights at the Imperial Palace.
- Gold Coast was as expected. Some decent gambling options and cheap eats. The room was fine (not that Hyper and me needed much). The only complaint was Hyper's VZ cell phone kept going batty every morning. He had to reset towers and once we got away from the GC it worked fine.
- We tried the Dim Sum at Ping Pang Pong. It was a cool experience and something I would do again. Not everything I tried was great, but nothing was bad either.
- Spent some time at The Orleans entering a few lower buy-in events. I still think they offer a well run good value tournament for the price. Of course the effective rake is much higher than it appears when you include a $10 dealer bonus on top of the $50 entry fee.
- The IP elevators are still very slow.
- Harrah's (several properties) has 6/5 blackjack everywhere. I saw 6/5 BJ on a six deck shoe at the IP. Simply gross...
- We stopped by the Rio and watched a little WSOP. Seemed about like last year. I'm guessing Pauly wasn't back in town yet as I couldn't locate him. Next time bud!
- We tried the electronic poker tables at Excalibur. They are apparently being removed next week. Overall the experience was pretty meh.
- Excalibur sure seems to be targeting the O'Sheas 20-something budget crowd. I think it's a good move in the current climate.
- The strip was slammed.
- Almost every casino now has a "sexy dealer" BJ pit. These are not all created equal!
- M Resort was really nice.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
See you tomorrow in Vegas. Will Pauly be back in time?
Sunday, June 07, 2009
Not to much new to report here in the Royal household. Here's a quick summary...
Work is going okay with sales starting to improve. We should know in the next few months whether things are actually returning to normal of if we're just seeing an uptick due to everyone depleting all their inventory.
We recently went through a bunch of voluntary retirements along with some involuntary separations. For the most part our production plant was spared on the involuntary front (retirements were very significant though). Unfortunately one of the few was from my building which was difficult.
Everyone is healthy! The Royal Princess has one more week left in kindergarten and is already looking forward to First Grade. "In first grade you get to eat in the gym!"
Softball team is a solid 3-1. Big game next week against the league leaders.
Mostly SnGs for me as of late. I'm continuing to make a few dollars in the $75s / $160s on Full Tilt. I'd probably ramp my volume up quite a bit if I had rake back there. No live action at all.
Vegas in less than two weeks with Hyper. I can't wait!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]